Our Response to COVID-19
Safety is always our top priority both during the COVID-19 pandemic and continuing in the future. We continue to follow both CDC and Michigan Department of Health and Human Services guidelines to protect both the seniors we serve and our care staff. Some of the key protocols we follow include:
- Providing staff with face coverings and gloves
- Completion of a COVID-19 screening questionnaire for each caregiver prior to starting a shift
- Keeping caregivers at home until released by a medical provider or supervisor if there is any indication of illness
- Following standard precautions for hand and respiratory hygiene, wearing surgical masks, and wearing gloves when in contact with any bodily fluid, blood, or secretions
- Properly cleaning and disinfecting the immediate area where the client is located
- Infection prevention and control training for all of our caregivers
- Working closely with the local health department to assist in contact tracing
We apologize for any inconveniences that have occurred as a result of the pandemic, such as schedule changes, cancelled shifts, and the need to assign different caregivers. Please know that we are committed to taking whatever measures are necessary to keep those we serve safe and well. We care deeply about every person in our care, their families, and our community at large.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 protection procedures, or if you would like to learn more about the wide range of home care services we offer in southwest Michigan, contact us online or call us any time at (866) 229-2505.