Understanding where to turn with regard to the latest, most reliable info on COVID-19, specifically as it relates to seniors and those who provide care assistance for them, is essential – and can be puzzling. Due to so many resources for seniors and different viewpoints on this life-changing situation, we wanted to help make it easy to find what you need by compiling the following list of trusted resources for seniors and family caregivers.
- COVID-19 Guidance for the Elderly: The CDC’s COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults web page includes a wealth of important information, including help determining who is at greater risk, signs and symptoms, simple tips to protect yourself, a checklist for your home, stress and anxiety coping recommendations, and so much more.
- Coronavirus: What Older Adults and People with Disabilities Should Know: ACL provides information on what the elderly and those with disabilities must know to prevent acquiring and spreading the disease, in addition to symptoms, state-by-state regulations, and a thorough list of federal and non-federal resources.
- Comprehensive Commonly Asked Questions List on Caregiver COVID-19 Issues: DailyCaring, an award-winning website dedicated to caregivers, created a commonly asked questions page to supply answers to dozens of questions, such as precautions to take when visiting an older adult’s home, the best way to sanitize packages, proper handwashing techniques, and much more.
- NAHC COVID-19 Home Care Resources: The National Association for Home Care & Hospice advocates for the millions of older adults who receive in-home care, and also for those who provide that care. Their COVID-19 information page offers articles, webinars, interactive tools, and much more.
- AARP Answers Common Questions About COVID-19: AARP maintains a running bulleted list of the most recent updates linked to COVID-19, as well as what the elderly should do to minimize their likelihood of contracting it and answers to several common questions.
- Articles/Resources for Caregivers on COVID-19 Safety: The Family Caregiver Alliance publishes caregiver-specific articles and resources to aid family caregivers in optimizing the safety of the seniors in their care.
For additional resources to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and for safe, dependable, in-home care to improve wellness and comfort for the older adults you love, get in touch with the care team at Home Sweet Home In-Home Care any time. Adhering to a rigorous protocol to ensure the safety of the older adults we serve, we are able to assist with a variety of important services, such as:
- Shopping for groceries and running other errands, to enable seniors to stay safe in the home
- Planning and preparing healthy and balanced meals
- Companionship to ease loneliness and stress through social interaction, movies, hobbies/interests, games, puzzles, and more
- Keeping the house thoroughly clean and sanitized
- Medication reminders
- Specialized care for individuals with dementia
- And many more
Get in touch with Home Sweet Home In-Home Care for an assessment in the safety and comfort of home, to find out how exactly we can assist your loved ones. We’d love to show your family why our team is #1 when it comes to in home care in Kalamazoo and other Michigan communities. For a full list of the communities we serve, please visit our Locations page.